Monday, May 30, 2011

Mango Pineapple Smoothie

Well, I have officially been a blogger for one month now! I seem to enjoy it just as much as day one, if not more. I love taking pictures and this gives me even more of an excuse... reason, to take pictures of everything. I love the extra practice it is giving me too! Thank you for reading my blog- it gives me even more motivation to take pictures that can be turned into a blog post later!

Here is today's new venture. I finally tried making a different kind of smoothie, and I must say, it turned out delightful! It reminds me of being on a tropical island.
My mango pineapple smoothie.
It was simple and refreshing!

Ingredients:
3/4 sliced frozen banana
1/2 cup frozen mango cubes
1/2 cup frozen pineapple cubes
1 and 1/4 cup almond milk
1 scoop stevia (optional)

Directions:
Blend until smooth. 

This smoothie is worthy of an umbrella straw (and some rum, if you so desire!)
I also took a few pictures of our blossoming "weeds". We don't know exactly what they are (we haven't really looked into it either), but they grow super fast and are impossible to get rid of, so we can only assume they are some type of weed. For a few weeks during the summer, they actually have pretty looking blossoms on them.
They are pretty now, right? I can see flowers in these weeds at least a few weeks out of the year.

On another note, I'd like to share something small that brought a smile to my face yesterday. I was browsing through one of my favorite photography blogs, Divas and Dreams, looking at some of her older posts and tips. As I was scrolling through one of her "photo assignments" from a few weeks ago, I suddenly recognized a picture she had posted on her blissful picnic assignment- it was mine! I had totally forgotten I even submitted a photo and only had submitted it for fun... and to practice using a flicker account. (In fact, when I first saw it, I thought to myself, how in the world did she get my photo?!) There were a lot of professional, beautiful picnic pictures submitted, so I never even thought about checking back on it.

It is funny how such a small thing put a bright spot my day... there was no prize, it wasn't a contest, it was just a place to share our interpretations of a blissful picnic. How nice of her to select an amateur photo to post on her blog, along with other professional ones, as her pics of the week. If you'd like to see the post it can be found here (it has my name under it mariah.moore1). I really like the second one down, with the dogs- of course! The last one with the picnic table looks like the perfect picnic spot to me!

Here's to one month of blissful blogging down, many more to go! Cheers to that, with a RUM mango pineapple smoothie sounds delicious right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment