Monday, June 20, 2011

Fruit Salad with Agave Ginger Syrup

Tonight's dessert, if I dare to say, was delectable. I loved how pure and fresh it tasted, with a hint of something a bit extra... something you wouldn't expect in an ordinary fruit salad. And to top it all off: It was so easy to make!
The agave ginger syrup can be made ahead of time and stored in your fridge until needed. Drizzle it on any mixture of fruits, for a refreshing summer dessert.

Agave Ginger Syrup

Ingredients:
1 cup water
1/4 cup agave
1/4 cup peeled and finely diced ginger

Directions:
Put all ingredients in a saucepan and heat over medium high heat. Stir occasionally until the ingredients reduce and become somewhat syrupy (mine took about 15-20 minutes). Strain and refrigerate until well chilled. Drizzle over fruit salad.
Tonight, my fruit salad contained strawberries, blueberries, pineapple, and fresh apricots. It is apricot season!!
I am loving all the fresh fruits and veggies this time of year! Nate brought home some colorful heirloom tomatoes that I am looking forward to using this week.
And as I type this blog at my desk, I am looking out our back window watching fireflies and still savoring this delectable fresh dessert. I would have to say, I am in the essence of summer... and loving every second of it.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome pictures!! Looks yummy!! I also like your bowl and tablecloth, they are pretty and add a nice touch!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I barely made it in time to take when it was still light outside- I was afraid the pics would be too dark... but they came out alright! That bowl is my new favorite addition- I got it on clearance because it had a chip in it.

    ReplyDelete